i hate gift registries.
like really really hate them.
i just feel like it takes all of the fun out of gift-giving …
i’m one who likes to give a gift that has thought and meaning,
versus buying random items [ie. spatulas] for your kitchen.
is this totally crazy of me?
- iamtallandawesome likes this
- lifeslittlethings likes this
- awaitingsimplicity likes this
- haygirlhay said: some people are REALLY REALLY BAD at picking gifts and can’t be trusted. registries are to protect you from those people. there are a lot of them.
- karijetaime said: I much prefer them over just giving cash, which is what my boyfriend does. That’s even less personalization
- yearwon likes this
- cassieirwin said: I was just having this conversation with annaetc the other day! She pointed out that a small gift registry can be a nice gesture for those people who are not inherently good gifters. But generally I agree with you.
- raleighwoodrockstar said: AGREE!
- asitypethis likes this
- haleystumble likes this
- 100cupsofcoffee likes this
- saraplainandtall likes this
- sourcrepes likes this
- nmattea likes this
- wanderlusternyc said: I totally agree! I think buying your close friend a towel or fork is the weirdest thing ever.
- katiefizzle said: totally agree!
- champagnetoasts likes this
- note-two-self likes this
- adventuresintralalala likes this
- maryanne said: I don’t get why people put things like $5 spatulas on their registries. It’s SO BORING. Isn’t that stuff you could buy yourself?!
- maryanne likes this
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- graceinplace posted this