thankfully rhyan received the minimum suspension for yesterday’s ordeal, his principal went to bat for him before the school board & was able to get ten days instead of much more.
he’ll be enrolled in a program offered by the local ymca that works directly with schools to help kids with their class assignments & homework while suspended, which in turn shows on their school record as an in-school suspension vs an out of school suspension — great news!
we had a really good talk last night, and i think his biggest concern now is how he’ll be treated when he returns to school. i told him by then it will have blown over & no one will be worried about it.
that being said, he’s ready to move on & forward with this … and so are we.
[many thanks to each and every one of you, for the support & encouragement]
- chelseaautumn likes this
- no-evidence-of-intelligence likes this
- maggiemcg likes this
- sunnycat likes this
- choyubrandonn likes this
- ismellwonderful said: whew am I glad to hear this. When I first read about it I was worried too about what this meant for his “reputation”. I hope everything blows over and turns out well for you guys. Sending ALL OF THE GOOD THOUGHTS!
- thegreatworldofmelissa said: So glad to hear, I just caught the whole story. You are suck a good mom to be able handle this so well.
- thegreatworldofmelissa likes this
- colormecozy likes this
- inmyopinion likes this
- my-little-kumquat likes this
- andthankyoulambies likes this
- yearwon likes this
- littlelaur likes this
- thisiserinsworld likes this
- twolimesplease said: yikes! I used to work for the Y and am only now finding out about some of the amazing and truly helpful programs they offer. you’re a good mom, don’t let the dumb ball-less anons get you down.
- justjules likes this
- 100cupsofcoffee said: What a relief. Now to move on and learn from life. :)
- asitypethis said: so glad to hear the Principal stood up for him! Hope these 10 days goes fast & painless!
- thebaucompair likes this
- landofthepine likes this
- charliebravo likes this
- agirlaguyandababy likes this
- relovingit said: Oh, good. And again, I’m so sorry this happened to you two.
- relovingit likes this
- nibblesandbits said: Totally missed this yesterday, just caught up. I’m teary for Rhyan, so hard! Poor little guy…You’re a great mom.
- nibblesandbits likes this
- britface said: I’m really glad things have worked out the best they can. Hope Rhy is doing okay, I’m thinking of you guys!
- nmattea likes this
- travellark likes this
- lifebyliz said: This is great news!
- lifebyliz likes this
- jennaywithan-i likes this
- theladieloves likes this
- will-blog-forwineandcheese said: I’m so glad that he is in a school with a principal that will stand up for what he knows to be true…that this was an unintentional accident!
- searchingperfection said: thank goodness! you’ve been in my prarers!
- will-blog-forwineandcheese likes this
- maryanne said: What a sigh of relief! He’s a good kid. It’s good that this didn’t happen in High School. He won’t have to explain it on college applications. Hugs to you both! Glad it’s over! Celebrate with nachos?
- saraplainandtall said: Phew!
- saraplainandtall likes this
- turningback likes this
- maryanne likes this
- brookesnooks likes this
- nomadsoul likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- thosepaisleydays likes this
- littlemiss-melly likes this
- karijetaime likes this
- akissandagrin likes this
- meesharose likes this